Saturday, September 3, 2011

Refashions

Several months ago the ladies from our community group got together to do a clothing swap.  We all brought all of our ill fitting clothes, and exchanged them for new to us items to bring home.  I volunteered to be in charge of donating the leftovers so that I could have the opportunity to salvage buttons and fabrics for my refashion pile.  Since then my refashion pile has been busting at the seams, and today I finally took the time to make over a few of the items.  Here is what I started out with...

 this dress
 pajama pants
 skirt
 skirt

And I transformed them into all of these infinity scarves.



I was SUPER lazy with this projects.  I never pressed any of the fabrics or the seams.  And the first one (the purple plaid pajama pant one) was the only one that I actually used pins on, the rest I just held the fabric together while I sewed (which was even harder with the silk skirts that wanted to stretch as I sewed).  I have never done a sewing project without using pins, but since infinity scarves are very forgiving I gave it a whirl and am pleased with the results.  I was even too lazy to put matching thread in my machine, and just ended up using the white that I already had in there for each of these projects.  They all turned out well, and I had all of them done within an hour.  I will say that Jeremy has forbid me from wearing one of them, because he thinks the fabric looks old lady-ish, but oh well.  It was fun to create with my sewing machine for the first time in a while, and the fact that I gave new life to old discarded items is even better.

1 comment:

Paige said...

LOVe this idea. I think I wanna host a swap at my house soon. My friend went to one called a "naked lady party" Ha! You got some great stuff :)