Monday, September 26, 2011

Avocado Pasta


Avocado Pasta

This was an experiment, because I ended up with several extra avocados this week.  It actually turned out really well.  I thought it was a great healthy and delicious summer dinner (yes, while the rest of the country is experiencing Fall weather it still feels like Summer here in New Orleans).  My pantry is running low (tomorrow is my grocery shopping day), so I didn't have much extra on hand to throw in here, but if I was planning this I think I'd definitely add some black beans and chopped fresh tomatoes.  This serves 2, because I didn't want to make too much and have the avocado brown and ruin it, so increase your portions as necessary.

-1/2 lb pasta, cooked al dente and rinsed with cool water
-1 avocado
-1 clove garlic
-3 Tbsp mayo
-2 Tbsp lime juice
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp cayenne
-1/2 bunch cilantro
-couple of handfuls of spinach leaves

Combine avocado through spinach in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.  Toss with pasta, and chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.

No comments: