Friday, April 5, 2013

::this week::

praising:  God's victory over sin, death, and satan.

praying:  for a few needs/ desires for our ministry.  the needs/ requests/ desires of those around us.

thankful for:  to be feeling better and returning to my routine.  beautiful weather.  healthy, diverse, delicious, colorful food.  technology, computers, and the internet.  spring and summer flavors... including two of my favorites at a certain coffee chain; Cool Lime Refresher and Passion Tea Lemonade.  for an easy/ healthy pregnancy.  worship music, and the way it sets the atmosphere in my house during the day.

reading:  Job, Psalms, Ezekiel, Your Power in the Holy Spirit by John G Lake

cooking:  fish tacos, refried beans, salad with cilantro lime dressing, blondies, pizza, whole wheat blueberry pancakes, mango coconut smoothies, avocado egg salad, black bean corn and rice casserole, salad with ginger peanut dressing

doing:  hosting a few friends and couples for dinner.  gym and coffee date with my love.  lunch and coffee dates with friends.  dinner with J's folks.

pondering:

Job 1:20-22  Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there.  The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord.”  Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

That Job's immediate reaction to overwhelming circumstances was to praise and worship God... oh that I should be so faithful!



No comments: