Tuesday, April 16, 2013

::this week::

praising:  Salvation, freedom, healing, and victory that are found in Jesus!  That there is no guilt/ condemnation in Christ (Romans 8:1).  That I am more than a conqueror through Christ (Romans 8:37). 

praying:  for breakthrough... for some walls to be torn down that I've had up with the Lord and others.

thankful for:  all the great love, encouragement, and gifts I got at my baby shower.  amazing friends and family who made all that possible. 

listening:  lots of Kim Walker-Smith, particularly "I Need You More"

"I need You more, more than yesterday, I need You Lord, more than words can say, I need You more than ever before, I need You Lord"



reading:  Psalms, Daniel, Matthew, Your Power in the Holy Spirit by John G Lake

cooking:  smoked salmon stuffed cucumber cups, sausage balls, pizza, baked oatmeal, wasabi noodles, tabbouleh, warm dijon potato salad

doing:  ladies Bible study.  community group.  dinner with friends.  zoo trip.  planning, helping with, and speaking at a ladies brunch at church.  yearly Mangerchine family reunion.

pondering:

"Don't just read your Bible, do your Bible."  (paraphrased from a Danny Silk sermon)... reminds me of James 1:22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.  I want to have faith for, and live out every reality I read in Scripture... healing the sick, casting out demons, raising the dead, making disciples of all nations...

The 5 times (v 1:20, 2:12, 2:13, 2:19, 2:22) in Matthew 1-2 that God spoke to people through dreams... and they had to act in faith in response to a DREAM.  What faith it takes to take action based on a dream.  Am I in tune with how the Lord may be using my dreams to speak to me?

Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”  So thankful to serve a God who did speak, but that continues to speak (words that PROCEED) to His people!

The temptation in Matthew 4... Satan uses Scripture to tempt Jesus, Jesus fights Satan with more Scripture.  Great example (Satan using it out of context to Jesus) of how dangerous Scripture taken out of context is... how Scripture can be used against us in the hands of the enemy.  How much my heart needs to be guarded and saturated with Truth so that I can recognize the lies.

Each of the disciples/ fishermen in Matthew 4 being immediately willing to get up and follow Jesus without question, delay, or getting their details in order.  Oh how I long to so immediately follow His every invitation without question.

meditating:  Psalm 63:1-8  O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.  I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and gloryYour unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy. I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

Beautiful!  Breathes life into me!  

Psalm 65:12 The grasslands of the wilderness become a lush pasture, and the hillsides blossom with joy.

He promises to take our dry and bareness and turn it into a lush pasture, blossoming with joy!

No comments: