Thursday, April 11, 2013

::this week::

praising:  continued ministry opportunities for Jeremy, the Lord using Him to share Jesus, love, heal, and bless many people this week.  the Lord's goodness... He is so perfect, so good, so true, such a good Father, such a good giver of gifts

praying:  for those around me... a new level of breakthrough and revelation from God for me... our city... our nation... the world

listening:   Set a Fire by Will Reagan... over and over again... cannot get enough of this song.  "Set a fire down in my heart, that I can't contain, I can't control, I want more of you God...".  YES!!!!!



thankful for:  books, friends, Monday morning ladies Bible study, the Word, God's faithfulness and grace, the Holy Spirit, nice weather, the zoo & our zoo pass, our city, our freedom... in this country, and in Christ

reading:  Job, Daniel, Psalms, Your Power in the Holy Spirit by John G Lake

cooking:  lazy girl's lasagna, shrimp and grits casserole, sausage potato bake, korean beef, pizza, some type of baked oatmeal or pancakes, salad with ginger dressing, chai bars, broccoli prepared using the sauce and method of my Chinese green beans

doing:  ladies Bible study.  community group.  some walk and coffee dates with friends.  dinner with friends.  brunch on the Northshore with some amazing men and women of God.  my baby shower.

pondering: Ezekiel 44:23 They will teach my people the difference between what is holy and what is common, what is ceremonially clean and unclean.

It continues to be a theme and passion for me this year to set myself apart from what may be considered "normal" or "common" behavior, even Christian behavior, and to instead pursue complete holiness... not just settling for something less because that's what others are doing.  Normal or common behavior isn't necessary holy, or "best" behavior... though all things are permissible, not all are beneficial (1 Corinthians 10:23-24)... Christians are to be set apart, holy, a royal priesthood, and I'm tired of acting in ways that contradict that... it's not who I am, it's not who Christ is in me!

meditating on:  Psalm 56:4 I praise God for what he has promised.  I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?  What can mere mortals do to me?

No comments: