Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chinese green beans

As a child, I remember frequently enjoying Chinese food out, and the green beans were always my favorite item to order. This recipe is a great take on the popular Chinese style green beans. I found green beans on sale this week, and immediately knew just what I'd be doing with them.


Chinese Green Beans
-1 tablespoon peanut or sesame oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
-1 tablespoon sugar
-2 tablespoons oyster sauce
-2 tablespoons soy sauce (I always use the low sodium variety)
Heat oil in skillet on medium high, add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add green beans and saute until they start to soften (about 5 minutes). Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl, and pour over green beans. Continue to saute until desired tenderness is achieved, stirring occasionally.
Shannon

2 comments:

Annicedda said...

I made these last night and they were awesome!! I cooked them on the grill in a pan and used extra virgin olive oil instead of sesame oil because I didn't have any. I also added some sesame seeds. They were delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

So glad that you enjoyed them! Adding sesame seeds does sound good, or maybe even red pepper flakes for a little heat.

Shannon