Tuesday, February 7, 2012

personalized plate and mug

I managed to squeeze in some quick crafting during nap time today.


I have been wanting a "you are special plate" for our family to use for birthdays and to celebrate special occasions.  Jeremy's mom did this when her kids were little, and it is a tradition that I'd like to carry on for our family.


I also made this mug for Jeremy from a mug that we already had.  Our nicknames for each other have been Boaz and Ruth going to back when we were dating, so I thought a Boaz mug would be perfect.

For each of these projects I cut out a stencil using my Cricut (although you could just go with your own handwriting, or an actual stencil).  Then I used a porcelain pen to get my words onto the dishes.  Porcelain pens can be found (for cheap!) in a variety of colors, and after 72 hours of drying they are dishwasher safe.  These were inexpensive and easy projects that I hope my family will enjoy for years to come!

No comments: