Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Salsa


Salsa

I modify my salsa recipe every year or two.  This is what I'm currently using.  I tend to like more chunky salsas, but due to laziness I opt for tossing it all in the food processor over hand chopping.  If you like you salsa on the thicker side, you'll get better results if you hand chop everything and stir to combine.  I also used to hand chop all of the same ingredients to make guacamole.  But now, out of laziness, I just stir a few tablespoons of this salsa into some diced avocados for a quick, no fuss guacamole.

-15 roma tomatoes, seeded
-1 jalapeno pepper (seeded if desired)
-1 poblano pepper, seeded
-1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked off of stems
-2 Tbsp lime juice
-1/8- 1/4 tsp cayenne
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp cumin
-2 cloves garlic
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-2 tsp red wine vinegar
-1/2 red onion
-2 tsp sugar

Combine all ingredients in food processor, pulse until desired consistency is achieved. 

No comments: