Tuesday, April 3, 2012

::this week::

cooking: strawberry lemonade bars, pizza, spinach and mozzarella egg bake, mini corn dog muffins, blueberry breakfast cake, chai muffins, spinach and feta pie, garlic noodles

reading: 1 & 2 Peter, 1, 2 & 3 John, Streams in the Desert, Margin, The Discipline Book

listening:

Nothing Holding Me Back by Bryan and Katie Torwalt... I find it especially meaningfull approaching Good Friday and Easter... I'm loving the lyrics "Thank you for the cross that you have carried, thank you for your blood that was shed, took the weight of sin upon your shoulders, sacrificed your life so I could live"


I See Heaven by Bryan and Katie Torwalt


Really I'm just constantly repeating the entire album by Bryan and Katie Torwalt constantly right now.  Their sound and lyrics speak to my soul in ways unlike anything music that I've ever heard!

praying: to see a revival in our city.  for a revival in our nation.  for the world to know the love of God.

praising: Jesus for some sweet time with Him this weekend.  for His gentle voice and promptings.  for His Holy Spirit.  for His faithfulness.  for His life, death, and resurrection.  for beautiful weather.  time to enjoy the outdoors and marvel at His creation.

contemplating: being still. resting. being present.  my missionProverbs 31:10-12 and what it means to be a wife who brings her husband good and not harm all of her days.  are to do lists, accomplishments, and people pleasing still an idol and motivator in my life?  doing one thing at a time (when possible).

doing:  rebuking the several week lie that I've been believing that sleeping in is more nourishing for me than getting up early and spending time with Jesus.  enjoying seeking Him first in my day, and that He has filled my cup so that it may overflow to others throughout the day.  it makes all the difference in my patience, joy, peace, and overall attitude when I start my day with Him!  and then I'm not aggravated later in the day when nap times don't work out; and my time with the Lord is no longer getting pushed out due to the needs of kids.

meditating: on the life, death, and resurrection of Christ

No comments: