Monday, April 2, 2012

mission statement

I've never been one of those people who has a mission statement.  I've read lots of blogs about having family and/ or personal mission statements, but it just hasn't ever resonated with me... until today.  Today the Lord told me that my priorities have gotten off track and that I've lost sight of my mission.  Which led me to ask Him what my mission statement is, because I've never intentionally sat down and defined my mission.  And just like that, He gave it to me.  It just sort of came to me in an instant.  No need to brainstorm, write, and edit.  I just had it.  This mission statement may only be for a season, ten years from now the Lord may change it, add to it, or clarify it.  But this is what I know that He has for me right now, and so I'm going to use this as a bar by which to allocate my time, energy, and resources.  I want to read it daily, to ensure that how I am investing myself is in line with my calling.

My ultimate mission is to love God and love others (Matthew 22:37-40.  To nurture my family spiritually and physically.  To make our home a place that is full of the Holy Spirit; a place that is a peaceful and powerful environment that welcomes all who enter. To shepherd the next generation.  And to encourage and equip others to do all of these same things.

Do you have a personal or family missin statement?  If so, what is it?

No comments: