Monday, November 14, 2011

African Sweet Potato Peanut Soup


I made this African Sweet Potato Peanut Soup that was similar to (but not quite as good as) the chicken pavlava that I made a few months ago.  I've never done much African cooking, but Jeremy and I have really been enjoying the few dishes that I've been trying recently, so I think I will continue to experiment.  Since I like things spicy, I left the seeds in the jalapeno, but then realized that between that and the curry paste there was a lot of heat to the dish, so I eliminated the red pepper flakes.  So unless you like things very spicy, I suggest either seeding the jalapeno, or leaving out the red pepper flakes.  I also used a red bell pepper instead of the yellow pepper due to personal preference.  Other than that I followed the recipe, and served the soup ladled over brown rice. 

No comments: