Thursday, November 3, 2011

Loaded Potato Casserole


Loaded Potato Casserole

This was my attempt at the flavors of a twice baked potato, but with less fuss.  I used dried chives because that's all that I had on hand, but sliced green onions, or fresh chives would both be great here.  I used red potatoes because I'm lazy, and didn't want to peel anything.  Use cooked, peeled russets if you prefer.  Garlic would also be a great add in here.

-2 lbs red potatoes, diced, and boiled until tender
-1 c light sour cream
-2 Tbsp butter
-2 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
-1/2 c cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
-1/2 c nonfat milk
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-3 tsp dried chives, divided

Mash potatoes with sour cream, butter, 1.5 c cheddar, 1/4 c bacon, milk, salt, pepper, 2 tsp chives.  Spread  potatoes into a greased 13x9 dish.  Top with remaining cheese, bacon, and chives.  Baked at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: