Wednesday, November 28, 2012

::this week::

This has been a rough week.  Noah has had diarrhea, and therefore a diaper rash.  He has been unruly, and been getting into everything.  Our car was totaled. Our computer is broken.  Our dryer is broken.  We've had to deal with car insurance companies and issues.  I've had to deal with health insurance companies and issues.  Basically, it has been a lot.  And all at once.

And I have not handled it gracefully.  I have let my circumstances cause stress, worry, and overwhelm me.  I have let them dictate my joy and peace.  I did not first turn to the Lord through these circumstances, using them to press into Him.  I tried to handle them on my own, in my own strength, and failed.  I let the enemy win.  I lost perspective.  Perspective that God is good.  sovereign.  present.  loving.  faithful.  graceful.  perfect.

I am so thankful for His grace, despite my lack of faith, despite my lack of trust.  I am so thankful that He is my rock.  I am so thankful that my husband has been patient with me, gently, and consistently pushing me towards the Lord in all of this.

praising:  that although our car was totaled last weekend, that everyone involved in the accident was unharmed.  for God's favor... one car accident and 2 tiny fires in our house in the last month but the Lord has completely protected us and no one and nothing (other than our car) have been damaged.

praying:  against some serious spiritual attack that's been coming our way... for protection, to be able to see the attacks for what they are, for my heart to be guarded in truth, rejoicing despite whatever our circumstances are.

reading:  Isaiah, 2 Samuel, 1000 Gifts

cooking:  split pea soup, BBQ chicken pizzafish tacoswarm sesame slawblack beans rice and corn casserole, chocolate molten lava cakes, roasted squash, banana bread, chicken salad

thankful for:  our health.  that the insurance company and person causing the accident have accepted liability.  a new opportunity for me to make some more money and watch the kiddo of another friend... in perfect timing, just before one of the kiddos I'm currently watching came to an end.  that the nausea is pretty much entirely gone and I'm feeling like myself again.

doing:  2 year doctor's appointment for Noah.  walk with a friend.  making dinner to celebrate my MIL's birthday.  hosting community group.  having dinner with two sweet friends.

creating:  more Christmas presents

No comments: