Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake



I made this pumpkin cheesecake.  The few changes I made were to use neufatchel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, instead of regular cream cheese.  I also used light sour cream.  And I used graham cracker crumbs (of 12 graham crackers) instead of the gingersnaps, although I do think a gingersnap crust would have been quite lovely.  Then, once I had finished baking the cheesecake the top had cracked (probably because I didn't use the hot water bath) so then I came up with a way to cover up the cracked top and add some additional decadence to the dessert.  I made cinnamon whipped cream and spread over the top of the cheesecake, and then candied some pecans with brown sugar and sprinkled them over top.  This was really good, but really rich and heavy, definitely a special occasion and not everyday dessert for our household.

No comments: