Monday, November 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Brussel Sprouts



Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Brussel Sprouts

The day I made this I was nauseous, and the flavors didn't do well in my stomach, so I planned not to blog the recipe.  But now that I've been eating the leftovers for 2 days I am really enjoying them, and thinking the reason I didn't like them the first day was nausea and not the recipe.  So here you have it.  I tend to like the char and crispness of roasted brussel sprouts better than this, but these were good, and you can't beat the ease of dump and let it sit for several hours.

-2 lbs brussel sprouts, trimmed, large ones halved
-2 Tbsp butter
-1/2 c water
-1/4 c maple syrup
-2 Tbsp dijon mustard
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.  Serve.
-

No comments: