Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sloppy Lentils



Today I made a big batch of Crockpot Sloppy Lentils (think meat free Sloppy Joe's) to be my lunch to bring to work for the week. I quadrupled (except for the water and tomatoes) the recipe because lentils get eaten pretty quickly in our home (it's one of the few meat free dishes that Jeremy can't get enough of). I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to give it a bit of a kick, and a teaspoon of cumin. This dish is designed to be served on a bun, but I just eat it plain, out of a bowl. It would also be excellent over brown rice. Since I made so much, I actually cooked it on high, for about 10 hours before they were done. I think next time I would just cook them on the stove because it only takes about 30 minutes start to finish to assemble this that way. Also, next time I think I would do more of a barbecue sauce like the one on these BBQ Lentils. Overall they were a good, solid dish that Jeremy and I both enjoyed, I just happen to like the flavor in the BBQ lentils better.

Shannon

No comments: