Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sesame Salad Dressing



Sesame Salad Dressing

This dressing was delicious!  Jeremy said it's his favorite dressing that I've made yet... even after the whole time he watched me make it he kept repeating "mayonaise?" in a questioning, disgusted voice.  My fave dressing is still the Peanut Dressing though.  It's funny that all of our favorite foods tend to be using Oriental flavors... I'm not sure if that is because we just really like them, or because that is what I'm best at cooking with... probably both.  I served this over a bed of mixed greens with scallions, mandarin oranges, and toasted almonds.  You could even add some shredded carrots, sesame seeds, cucumber, and chow mein noodles for a nice touch.  Since this dressing is basically a honey mustard/ Oriental fusion dressing it is so versatile that I think it would be great over a spinach salad with red onion and sliced strawberries also.  I think that some ginger or garlic would also be a great addition to this dressing, but Jeremy liked it so much that he doesn't want me to change anything... maybe we'll see if I can sneak it in on him.  ;)

-4 Tbsp light mayo
-3 Tbsp honey
-2 Tbsp rice vinegar
-1 Tbsp dijon mustard
-1/2 tsp sesame oil
-1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Combine dressing ingredients and shake or whisk until well incorporated.  Chill until serving.

Shannon

1 comment:

Mary said...

You had me at sesame oil and red pepper flakes . . . sounds delicious!