Monday, May 24, 2010

weekly verse: Galatians 1:10

Galatians 1:10  Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Lately I've been praying a lot about my people pleasing, conflict avoiding, rule following tendencies.  I've been praying about whether I am doing things as an overflow of love for Christ, as a result of prompting of the Spirit, or in bondage to rules, laws, guilt, expectations and religion.  I've been praying for guidance from the Spirit, for freedom from this bondage, and for strength and boldness to do as He leads me.  Seeking approval of others has always been a tendency of my flesh, and it's about time that I memorize this verse, and guard my heart with this truth.

This verse is in your face clear, cut, and dry!  One cannot serve Christ AND seek the approval of others.  As people pleasers we become slave to the seeking of approval.  We cannot serve two masters.

Shannon

No comments: