Sunday, August 18, 2013

Indian dinner


Tonight Jeremy was inspired to cook me dinner, for the first time in years (aside from scrambled eggs).  He's been missing India and craving Indian food lately so he got the recipe for the fish from someone he partnered with while he was in India this year.  The fish was good.  It was fairly simple, inexpensive, healthy, and flavorful.  I whipped up a quick dal to go along with the fish.  The dal was good, but I think I'd do some things different next time... I tend to like my dal with spinach and tomatoes in it also.  So this recipe was just okay in my book... a good starting point, and I'd probably make a few additions next time.

Indian Fish Fry

-juice of 2 limes
-1/2 Tbsp tumeric
-1/2 Tbsp salt
-2 Tbsp masala
-1/2 tsp cayenne
-6 tilapia fillets
-vegetable or canola oil for frying

Combine the lime juice and spices in a dish.  Add the fish fillets and swirl to coat.  Allow to fish to marinate for 2-3 hours.  Cook fish in enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, over medium heat, for 4 minutes per side.

No comments: