Monday, August 5, 2013

Caesar Salad


Caesar Salad

I have been on a caesar salad kick lately and wanted to make my own dressing.  I have an aversion to making and storing something with raw eggs in it, so using the mayo was my solution to that.  I used to get a chicken caesar pasta salad from a deli that I loved in VA, so I'm sure one day I'll also try tossing some cold spaghetti noodles in with the mix as well.

Salad
-homemade croutons
-chopped romaine
-shaved parmesan cheese
-choice of protein if desired (grilled chicken or shrimp)

Dressing
-1/2 c light mayo
-1/3 c parmesan cheese
-1/4 c lemon juice
-2 anchovy fillets
-1 clove garlic
-1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1/2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce

Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.  Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.  Toss with assembled salad ingredients and serve.

No comments: