Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thai Chicken Pizza



Thai Chicken Pizza

We both really loved this pizza.  I don't think it's one that I could eat every week, but it's a really fun change from our typical faves.  I made this entirely from ingredients that I had on hand, and would do it a little differently if I was planning in advance.  I think I'd also add sliced red bell pepper with the toppings before the pizza is cooked, and add some bean sprouts to the top upon removing it from the oven.  I think crumbled tofu  could easily be used instead of chicken, and zucchini, broccoli, mango, shredded cabbage, or pineapple could join the topping list.

-whole wheat pizza dough (refrigerated, or my favorite homemade dough)
-peanut sauce (see recipe below)
-1 c cooked chicken
-1/4 c Thai sweet chili sauce
-1 c part-skim mozzarella cheese
-sprinkling of red pepper flakes
-1 carrot, shredded
-garlic powder for sprinkling
-3 scallions, sliced
-fresh cilantro, chopped
-3 Tbsp peanuts, chopped

Top the unbaked crust with the peanut sauce.  Cover with the cheese.  Combine the chicken and sweet chili sauce, and sprinkle over the cheese.  Sprinkle entire pizza with red pepper flakes.  Top with shredded carrot, and then a sprinkle of garlic powder.  Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, or until the crust is crispy.  Top with scallions, cilantro, and peanuts, serve.

Peanut Sauce
-3 Tbsp peanut butter
-1 Tbsp rice vinegar
-1 Tbsp soy sauce
-1 Tbsp water
-1 Tbsp honey
-1 clove garlic
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp sriarcha sauce
-1/4 tsp ground ginger

Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and mix until combined.

No comments: