Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sesame Kale



Sesame Kale

I had a bunch of kale left after making zuppa toscana this week, and wanted to try something new.  I was thinking along the lines of one of my favorite veggie dishes, warm sesame slaw,but with a few changes.  There actually aren't sesame seeds in the picture because I was shocked to find that I had run out, but I included them in the recipe because that's how I would serve this in the future.

-2 bunches kale, washed trimmed and chopped
-1 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 Tbsp peanut or canola oil
-1 Tbsp sesame oil
-1 Tbsp rice vinegar
-1 Tbsp soy sauce
-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
-1 Tbsp sesame seeds

Heat peanut or canola oil in large pan over medium heat.  Add ginger, garlic, and kale, stirring constantly.  While kale is cooking, whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.  Once kale begins to wilt, stir in sauce.  Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until kale is cooked to your liking.  Toss with sesame seeds and serve immediately.

No comments: