Monday, December 10, 2012

Cilantro Pesto Pasta



Cilantro Pesto Pasta

For a long time I've been wanting to try Rachael Ray's cilantro pesto pasta.  I used her recipe as a starting point, but reduced the oil, omitted the pasta water, changed the nuts, and added spinach for extra nutrition.  This was unique, and good, something I would make again, but not quite a home run in my opinion.  It's got a kick to it, so if you don't like heat, reduce the red pepper flakes to 1/8 tsp.  The recipe as is made enough for 1 box of pasta (for my taste), but I doubled it to have some extra to freeze for a quick dinner in a pinch.

-1 bunch cilantro, washed, leaves picked off
-1 c spinach leaves
-1/4 c walnuts
-1/8 c olive oil
-2 cloves garlic
-1 inch piece ginger, peeled
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
-juice of 1/2 lime

Puree all ingredients in food processor and toss with warm pasta of your choice.


No comments: