Friday, August 12, 2011

Tex Mex Egg Rolls


I made these Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls.  Unfortunately, they didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, probably because I used rice paper that I had on hand in place of the egg roll wrappers.  Despite the wrapper lacking crunch, and being overall mushy, I will say these were delicious, and Jeremy requested that I make them again (although next time I will try egg roll wrappers).  The filling would also be great for vegetarian enchiladas, it was really great.  I only made three changes; I added two cloves of minced garlic to the filling, used all cheddar cheese, and chopped up some sliced pickled jalapenos in place of the chiles.  I think some chopped cilantro would also be a great addition to the filling, but really it is plenty delicious as is.

No comments: