Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Baked Beans


Baked Beans

I know that I've blogged at least two other recipes for baked beans over the years, but this is my current favorite.  It's a little more nutritional and out of the box than the other varieties that I've made.  Use any combination of beans that you desire, or all of one bean if you prefer.

-4 carrots, diced
-2 stalks celery, diced
-1 onion, diced
-1/2 green pepper, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-3/4 c ketchup
-3/4 c tomato puree
-1/2 c brown sugar
-1/4 c cider vinegar
-1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp cayenne
-dash hot sauce
-4 (15 oz) cans of beans, drained and rinsed (I used 1 each of black beans, garbanzo beans, navy beans, and kidney beans)

Saute carrot, celery, green pepper, and onion until tender (about 5 minutes).  Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.  Combine all ingredients in greased 9x13 dish.  Stir well.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

No comments: