Monday, March 1, 2010

6 weeks



According to babycenter.com here's what's going on with our little one this week;

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

As for me this week, I'm still nauseous, living off of mostly sandwiches, soups, saltines, and gingerale.  I'm a little tired and nap on the hour long car ride to work every morning (isn't my husband amazing for allowing me to do this!!!!).  I'm moody, have a very short fuse, and get easily worked up over little things (again, my husband is AMAZING for loving me through this!!!).  And I'm gaseous (sorry if that's TMI)... every time I eat I burp for an hour afterwards, and these aren't normal burps, they are burps so disgusting that they could clear a room!  At least I'm not actually getting sick and "losing my lunch", I'll take nausea over that any day!!!!  I've started LOVING things that I don't normally eat or purchase... I eat an orange at least once a day everyday, and I've been going through a bag of green grapes every 2-3 days.  I've also started craving a few things... I really want some Taco Bell (and I never eat junk food, plus I'm a vegetarian)... I'd kill for a Seven Layer Burrito, a Chili Cheese Burrito, a Soft Taco Supreme, or a Mexican pizza right now (Do they still make all of those? I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in YEARS!).  I made bean burritos the other night to try to satisfy myself, but it didn't take care of my desire, it paled in comparison to the grease of the real thing.  I've also been craving pizza, and not just any pizza, but either a BBQ Chicken Pizza or a Meat Lover's Pizza... sort of strange for a vegetarian... I keep thinking our baby is a boy because everything that I'm craving is meat.  Oh, and I saw a picture of a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with pickles and sweet potato fries on a blog the other day and I've been dreaming about it ever since.  I already informed Jeremy that as soon as my nausea is gone that I WILL BE GETTING ONE OF THOSE.

Shannon

2 comments:

Annicedda said...

Hehe... I love your pregnancy posts!! I made homemade bbq chicken pizza last night and it is really simple and satisfying. Here is my recipe:

BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 cup warm water
1 tbl sugar
1 packet of yeast

dissolve sugar in water then add yeast and stir to combine. Put in a warm place to proof

3 cups flour
1 tbl olive oil
seasonings (if desired - garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasonings, rosemary)

mix yeast mixture with flour, oil and seasonings until a ball forms. From here you can use it immediately or allow to rise in a warm place. Then roll it out.

1/2 - 1 cup BBQ sauce
6-8 oz cheese
1/2 - 1 cup cooked chicken
1 red onion

For the pizza spread bbq sauce over the crust, then add cooked chicken & a small amount of cheese, then get a red onion and slice it thinly into rings and place on top. Add additional cheese at this time.

Bake at 400* till your desired brownness. YUMMY!! It's great on a pizza stone. (Make sure to preheat the stone)

I hope you feel better and once again Congratulations!!

Kim M. said...

Oh that's hilarious about the meat. My step sister is a vegetarian and pregnant and I cracked up when I heard that she ate a chili dog!