Monday, March 4, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Pesto






Spinach Artichoke Pesto

I think this is my favorite pesto that I've ever made.  I enjoyed it tossed with pasta for an easy vegetarian dinner, you could even add quartered artichokes or some spinach leaves in with the pasta toss.  I think this would also be amazing as an appetizer spread on crostini, or served with pita chips for dipping.  Noah took one bite and said "I love it!".  I love it when I can get him to really enjoy veggies, like the spinach in this.

-1/3 c walnuts, toasted
-1 can artichokes, drained
-1 clove garlic
-zest of 1 lemon
-3 Tbsp lemon juice 
-1/2 c shredded parmesan
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/8-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 c olive oil
-1/2 lb baby spinach

Place the garlic clove in a food processor and process until finely minced.  Add remaining ingredients and process until well mixed.  Serve as you like, this will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

No comments: