Thursday, May 31, 2012

Share in the spoil

As embarrassing as this is to admit, recently I've been feeling a little jealous of Jeremy spiritually.  He has gotten to do a lot of really cool and "big" things for God, and be used in really profound ways.  I realize just how worldly this sounds.  I understand that I should not be a piece of clay questioning what the potter has purposed me for, and I should not be an ear wishing to be an eye.  That said, the reality is that I have been jealous.  That I have heard all of the cool stories of things that the Lord has done through Jeremy and I have wanted to have an active part in those.  This week the Lord has been comforting me with a passage that a wiser, older woman shared with me years ago...

1 Samuel 30:21-25  Then David came to the two hundred men who had been too exhausted to follow David, and who had been left at the brook Besor. And they went out to meet David and to meet the people who were with him. And when David came near to the people he greeted them. Then all the wicked and worthless fellows among the men who had gone with David said, “Because they did not go with us, we will not give them any of the spoil that we have recovered, except that each man may lead away his wife and children, and depart.”  But David said, “You shall not do so, my brothers, with what the Lord has given us. He has preserved us and given into our hand the band that came against us. Who would listen to you in this matter? For as his share is who goes down into the battle, so shall his share be who stays by the baggage. They shall share alike.”  And he made it a statute and a rule for Israel from that day forward to this day.

I find comfort in knowing that in this season, in which often times I am "staying with the baggage" and am watching over our home and child, that I still share in the spoil as if I had gone out to the battle.


1 comment:

Rebecca Pflugradt said...

Girl, the loving and supporting wife and mom you are and home you cultivate free Jeremy to be the Godly man he is.