Sunday, October 16, 2011

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins



Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

This is my friend Crystin's recipe, that I'm sure she got from somewhere else, but I try to document all of the recipes that I love here, so that I can easily find them again for future use.  I LOVE it when I find a good baked good recipe that calls for 100% whole wheat flour and still ends up moist and tasty.  I didn't use the walnuts or raisins, but I'm sure they would be great with them, or with chocolate chips or dried cranberries.

-2 c sugar
-½ c canola oil
-3 eggs
-1 ½ c pumpkin (100%, not pie mix)
-½ c water
-3 c whole wheat flour
-1 ½ t baking powder
-1 t baking soda
-1 t salt
-½ t cloves
-¾ t cinnamon
-1 t nutmeg
-1 c raisins (optional)
-1 c walnuts

1. Oven to 400.
2. In Lg bowl: mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water.
3. In Sm bowl: mix flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices.
4. Add dry to wet and blend w/ mixer.
5. Add nuts/raisins.
6. Let stand 1hr at room temp. (I didn't do this and they were fine; mine might have sat 15min)
7. Grease muffin tins or line w/ paper cups.
8. Bake 15min or when toothpick comes out clean. Don't over bake- this will dry them!

No comments: