Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Maple Mustard Vinaigrette

Maple Mustard Vinaigrette

For years I've heard of variations of maple inspired salad dressings, and after having eaten the same one for the last month straight I was ready to come up with something new.  I served the dressing over a salad of spinach, smoked gouda, peanuts and dried cranberries, but I think blue cheese, pecans, dried cherries, and fresh apple or pear would pair very nicely with the dressing.  I loved the smoky creaminess of the gouda, against the tart chewiness of the cranberries, with the salty crunch of the peanuts, and they all went very well with the maple and mustard flavors.

-1/2 c maple syrup
-1/2 c balsamic vinegar
-1/2 c olive oil
-1 Tbsp dijon mustard
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp dried basil
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1 clove garlic, minced

Whisk together all ingredients, chill until serving.  Will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.

No comments: