Saturday, September 18, 2010

Buffalo Joe's

Oh how I love lazy Saturdays!  I got to sleep in today, it was glorious!  That alone makes today a great day!  Jeremy and I enjoyed a trip to the gym together, then I enjoyed a nice walk outside before I decided to whip us up a hearty linner before Saturday evening church (our church just started a Saturday evening service and we've really been enjoying going Saturday evenings and having our Sunday mornings to sleep in and relax rather than rushing out the door).  I made a much more simple version of of Rachael Ray's Buffalo Sloppy Joe's.  I had a bottle of wing sauce on hand that needed to be used up, so I just substituted that for the sauce in her recipe, added some diced green pepper, and doubled the carrots for her recipe.  Served on a whole wheat bun, this tangy, salty, spicy sandwich was dream food for this meat loving pregnant lady!

Shannon

No comments: