Sunday, February 7, 2010

Restaurant Style Salsa


Restaurant Style Salsa

I adapted this recipe, to make an easy salsa from ingredients that I already had on hand.  My salsa was quite spicy, so I'd suggest mild rotel for anyone who is not a spicy food fan.  The salsa was a little thinner than I like, next time I would drain either the plain tomatoes, the rotel, or both before adding them to the food processor.  We first enjoyed this salsa for breakfast in Huevos Rancheros (which was delicious by the way), then later I ate it with chips, and tomorrow it will be showing up in a recipe for black bean dip.

-1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
-1 can (10 Ounce) Rotel
-1/4 red onion, chopped into chunks
-1 clove garlic, peeled
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1 teaspoon salt
-dash ground cumin
-handful of fresh cilantro
-juice of 1/2 lime

Pulse garlic and onion in food processor until finely chopped.  Add diced tomatoes (I would drain them first), Rotel, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro.  Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I just turned it on, walked away, and came back in a minute and it was perfect.  Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.

Shannon

No comments: