Monday, February 8, 2010

Bean Dip


Bean Dip

This is my friend Kim's bean dip recipe.  She makes it all the time, and it's always a hit.  I finally got around to making it myself.  It's quick, easy, healthful, and yummy.  I used the salsa that I made yesterday for this dip, but any jarred variety would work well.  I also mixed the cheese in with the ingredients, rather than spreading it on top.

-1 (15 oz can) refried beans... Kim normally uses refried black beans (can be found in the ethnic section of the supermarket with the Mexican food)
-1 cup salsa
-1 cup fat free sour cream
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Mix together beans, salsa, salt and sour cream.  Spread into baking dish.  Bake at 350 until warm, about 20 minutes.  Top with cheese, and continue to bake until melted.

Shannon

No comments: