Wednesday, February 20, 2013

::this week::

praising:  God using Jeremy to heal physical conditions/ pain in 2 of our neighbors.  God using Jeremy to set a friend free from bondage he's been enslaved to for years.  new life in Christ for someone Jeremy got to pray with this week. some additional provision for our ministry.  a pretty cool encounter with God for me last weekend... at a worship service I was so filled with the Spirit that I was fell over on the floor and was filled with a supernatural joy and peace... I never thought I'd be "one of those people", in the past I've been skeptical over people who "fall down", and I tend to be too in my head and analytical for experiences like that.  I'm so glad that the Lord is bigger than my doubts, and the box that I put Him in, and that He continues to challenge my theology by giving me experiences contrary to what I have previously believed.

praying: for our neighborhood (and city).  there was a shooting in our neighborhood this weekend, at the same house that multiple shooting have occurred within the last year.  praying that these chains of violence would be severed through the blood of Christ, and that our neighborhood would be transformed to His image and character.  still for an office for J, and a computer for him to use for work only, aside from our family laptop at home, and some additional provision.

thankful for:  a sweet weekend with some quality alone time with my hubby.  the thoughtfulness, sentiments, encouragement, and gifts from friends and family for my birthday.  all the sweet friends and family who have offered me a place to stay, or whatever help they can provide while J is in India.  the grace of my God, husband, family, and friends.

reading:  Psalms, Lamentations, Ezra, Ezekiel, Nehemiah, Dare to Discipline

cooking:  jerk chicken, tabbouleh, gyros, BBQ and buffalo chicken pizzas

pondering:  the word "believe".  last year a huge theme for the year for me was that the Lord kept telling me to "remember", and so far this year I feel like "believe" has been an overwhelming theme.  specifically challenged by a few verses...

Matthew 8:13  Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour.

Mark 11:23-24 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.

Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

John 14:12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.  

James 1:6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.

I want to ask, and believe, God for BIG things... miraculous things... supernatural things.  things others would think are crazy.  things that are only possible with God. 

doing: birthday dinner with J's parents.  trying to soak up every last bit of family time before Jeremy leaves for India.  no plans other than community group and a catch up with a few ladies.

meditating on the truth of:  2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Declaring this truth over something I have struggled with for years.  Allowing Christ to transform every part of me, especially old patterns and behaviors. 

No comments: