Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Herb Baked Eggs


Herb Baked Eggs

This is more of a method than a recipe.  You could add or take away any vegetables, seasonings, or cheeses, this is just what I had on hand.  A neighbor brought me a fresh egg from her chickens along with some tomatoes and herbs from her garden and this is what I came up with to enjoy them.  Simple, flavorful, and delicious!

-tomatoes, diced
-fresh herbs, chopped (I used thyme, chives, and rosemary but oregano and/ or basil would be great also)
-butter
-eggs
-splash of milk or cream
-salt and pepper (preferably sea salt and fresh ground paper)
-parmesan cheese

Grease the number of ramekins needed for the number of portions desired (I'd figure 1-2 ramekins per person).  Place diced tomatoes in the bottom of each ramekin.  Sprinkle with fresh herbs.  Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Top with a very thin sliver of butter.  Crack an egg over top of the butter.  Top with a splash of milk or cream.  Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with a pinch of parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yum! I've been looking for a new egg recipe!