Friday, June 15, 2012

Butterscotch Bars



I made these Butterscotch Bars.  They turned out pretty well, but there are lots of other desserts that I like better.  The few changes that I made were to swap out half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.  And in the butterscotch layer I included the whole (2 c) bag of butterscotch chips, and the whole can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk... it just seemed less wasteful, besides, who would like an extra thick gooey butterscotch center (but I guess it does take away from the overall "lightness" of this recipe).  The topping was a little dry for me.  I'm sure that's because she was trying to omit as much butter as possible, but it was just a little dry for my taste, and I am a person who tends to reduce butter in things.  Next time I would add an extra 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter.

No comments: