Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quick & easy veggie dip



Quick & Easy Veggie Dip

This dip was a complete accident... I had a completely different veggie dip planned to make for this veggie tray using curry powder and tarragon vinegar, but when I checked my pantry I was horrified to find that I was out of curry powder... a tragedy!  Fortunately I was able to creatively whip up something else that worked out quite well, and can easily be modified to incorporate different herbs or flavors.  You probably have all of these ingredients on hand, and could whip this up at a moments notice.  And it's not just for veggies... Jeremy and I joyfully snacked on Wheat Thins dipped in this concotion.  You could always use fresh parsley and herbs for this dip, but I don't always have those on hand.

-1 cup light mayo
-1 cup light sour cream
-1/2 Tbsp sugar
-1 Tbsp dried minced onion (but raw grated onion would be fine also)
-1 Tbsp dried parsley
-1 tsp seasoning salt (I used Tony's seasoning)
-1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove minced garlic)
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp dried basil

Whisk together all ingredients.  Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving, but for best flavor allow to chill for 8 hours for the flavors to combine.

Shannon

No comments: