Saturday, August 7, 2010

Homemade housewarming present

This plaque was super fun for me to make, and was out of my normal card making and sewing crafting element.  It was fun to incorporate wood, paint, a hammer and nails, and my new Cricut (that I scored from ebay for $50!) into a craft project, and I have a feeling I'll be making several more of these... maybe a mangerchine one for our home, or a Noah one with his date of birth for his nursery.

This project was super simple and inexpensive.  I got the wood board from my in-laws scrap wood, painted it with red spray paint, sanded the edges and corners so they would look worn, modge podged the lettering on, and nailed in a picture hanger on the back so this can sit on a shelf or be hung on a wall.

I can't take credit for the creative inspiration behind this, I stole the idea from Crystal after seeing one she did and loving it. 

Shannon

1 comment:

Mary said...

I absolutely love this! I just adore the font, the concept, everything! I'm sure your friends will love it!