Tuesday, June 8, 2010

weekly verse: Matthew 28:18-20

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

 
This week I'll be memorizing The Great Commission.  Here are some of my thoughts so far;
-Jesus was given all authority
-"Go therefore and make disciples..." is more accurately translated to "as you go", "as you are going", or "along the way"... How often do I get annoyed at the "interuptions" that happen as I go about my day?  How often do I look at anything not on my schedule, plan, or routine as an inconvenience?  How many times have I passed up the opportunity to join God in what He is doing, because I was stuck on where I was going (or what I was doing) rather than what was happening along the way, and how He was working through that?  This should be a natural overflow of my love for Him and His work in my life, that disciples are made as I go.
-He doesn't give a program or formula for making disciples... it flows out of my relationship with Him
-I am to make disciples of all nations (not just the one in which I currently reside)
-He is always with me

Shannon

No comments: