Monday, May 25, 2009

Halfway House Beans

Tonight with our dinners I made this side dish that is a recipe from my mother-in-law. It was absolutely delicious, so I thought I'd share it. Since I generally don't eat meat I left the bacon out of it (that is listed below) and it turned out just as well as it does with it.


Halfway House Beans

-3 (10 oz) packages french style frozen green beans (or use canned)

-4 slices bacon

-1 onion

-4 medium tomatoes (I used canned diced tomatoes instead)

-2-3 tablespoons sugar

-dash of salt and pepper

Cook green beans and drain. Fry bacon and drain. Chop onion and saute in fat. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer until soft, about 20 minutes. Add beans and crumbled bacon and stir together. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Redemption Art said...

hey girl! thanks for your encouragement. LOVED perspectives. changed my thinking and my perspective in ways only you know since you took the course. Wouldn't haven't taken it without you. love you and miss you mucho!