Monday, March 3, 2014

Potato, Squash, Zucchini and Goat Cheese Gratin



Potato, Squash, Zucchini and Goat Cheese Gratin

I was inspired by this recipe, but made a few changes to suit my taste.  This gratin is really easy to throw together, it only took me about 10 minutes to assemble because I used my food processor for all of the slicing.  This filled a 13x9 pan, if serving a smaller family of 4 and you don't want a lot of leftovers then I'd cut the recipe by half.  

-about 5-6 red potatoes, washed and scrubbed
-2 yellow squash
-2 zucchini squash
-4 Tbsp olive oil
-4 oz goat cheese
-1/4 c milk or cream
-1.5 tsp salt
-3/4 tsp pepper
-1 tsp dried thyme
-1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated

Use a mandolin or food processor to thinly slice the potatoes, squash, and zucchini.  Toss the vegetable with the olive oil.  In a separate bowl, combine goat cheese, milk, salt, pepper and thyme.  Stir until well mixed.  Spread the veggies in a greased 13x9 pan.  Pour goat cheese and milk mixture over the veggies.  Top with parmesan cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.  Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.

No comments: