Thursday, March 27, 2014

Easy "Risotto"


I made this Ina Garten baked risotto recipe that produces an authentic risotto-like product, without all of the hands on work of stirring and watching.  I thought it turned out great!  I didn't have any wine on hand, so I eliminated it altogether, and added 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, because I like a touch of lemon with spring vegetables.  Next time I might even add some lemon zest.  I did find the finished product a little too salty and would reduce the salt by 1/2-1 tsp next time.  I also reduced the butter to 2 Tbsp, and might even cut it back to only 1 Tbsp next time, the cheese made it rich enough for me.  Other than that, such a great and easy recipe that can easily be changed to include your veggies and cheeses of choice... I definitely see an asparagus and mushroom versions in my future, and one with goat cheese instead of parmesan.

No comments: