Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Green Beans with Cranberries and Nuts


Green Beans with Cranberries and Nuts

This is my go to side for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I don't make Green Bean Casserole.  I've been making this with sliced almonds for years, but this time I used walnuts instead, and I think I liked that even better, so use whatever type of nut you prefer.

-1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen, whole or cut... your preference)
-1/2 c dried cranberries
-1/2 c chopped walnuts (or nut of your choice)
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tbsp butter
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 Tbsp honey

Blanch green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain.  Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add beans and saute until desired tenderness.  Add remaining ingredients over heat, stirring until all of the seasonings and honey are well spread throughout the beans.  Serve.

No comments: