Thursday, September 19, 2013

Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins


I made these whole wheat carrot cake muffins.  I decided on them because Noah had been begging me for carrot cake after seeing it on a show, and I had some buttermilk in the fridge to use up, so I was happy to find a recipe that could satisfy both of us.  I used regular whole wheat flour instead of the whole wheat pastry flour, and regular brown sugar.  I also increased the brown sugar to 1 cup (instead of 1/3).  Noah eats a muffin for breakfast everyday, and again for dessert most days, so I try to stick to recipes like these that incorporate fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, and have reduced fat/oil/butter.  I thought these were great, sweet enough to seem like a dessert, but healthy enough to not be too indulgent.  These would also be great with cream cheese frosting or a powdered sugar glaze for a slightly sweeter treat.

No comments: