Monday, July 1, 2013

Testimony

Shannon and I came to find out that we were both about to post on a very related subject, so we decided to make it one. Enjoy.

Shannon

As I mentioned before, "remember" was a big word for me last year. I felt God continuing to tell me to "remember" all the things He did, said, and experiences that He gave me. Now He's building upon that, and I continue to hear Him tell me to not just remember, but to share the testimony of all that He does.

As I've been reading through the Psalms this year I find verse after verse admonishing me to share the testimony of God's goodness, faithfulness, miracles, provision, and deeds.
Psalm 96:2-3 Sing to the Lord; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.
"Publish his deeds... tell everyone".

And as all this has been burning in my heart, He also added the following verse;

Revelation 12:10-11 “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth- the one who accuses them before our God day and night. And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

"and they have defeated him [the accuser] by... their testimony". There is power in a testimony, power to defeat the works of the enemy. No wonder the Psalms continue to admonish us to proclaim, shout, and tell of all the good things that God does!!!!!! As Ephesians lists the armor of God as mostly defensive items (except the Sword of the Spirit), we now find an ongoing offensive tool to defeat the works of the enemy is to share our testimony with others... therefore activating faith within them, and helping them to receive the same character and acts of God in their own lives.

So I will continue to share and shout from the rooftops all of the testimonies that God gives me, and I hope you'll do the same, friend!

Jeremy

In life and ministry, we are not without our share of troubles and hardship. We have, however, decided early on that the words that we release from our mouths, as well as the ones which we type on the blog or social media, would be words of faith. Anyone can express what appears to the natural eye, but the reality of the situation, is that we have been made fully whole in Christ and are seated in Heavenly places. We lack for nothing! We do not confess the work of the devil, we confess the victory and blessings that Christ accomplished on the cross. Because of this, we are entitled to everything that He has. 

We do not fear, we have His courage. 

We do not worry, we have His Hope.
 
We do not doubt, we have His faith. 

That is what we confess. He is our testimony. That said, there is a time and place to humbly share some of our failures or lessons we learned by mistake that we have made, but those will be exceptions made as God leads. 

I hope that you will join us in confessing the goodness and victory of Christ, even if our natural circumstances appear hopeless.

No comments: