Monday, May 9, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Strawberry Spinach Salad

I've been eating salads for lunch almost every day for the last month.  There's just something refreshing about  fresh veggies and fruits on a hot day.  I found strawberries on sale for $1 a pint this week and was inspired to incorporate them into my lunch routine.  If you prefer, you could substitute pureed strawberries and sugar for the strawberry jam in the dressing, but I was running low on berries so I used the jam instead.  This dressing will serve 2, so adjust as needed for number of guests.

Salad
-spinach
-toasted almonds
-granny smith apple, chopped
-strawberries, sliced

Dressing
-2 Tbsp strawberry jam
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper

In a blender or food processor combine strawberry jam, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  Toss with salad ingredients.

No comments: