Thursday, August 27, 2009

thai coconut corn soup



This soup is super delicious and easy to throw together. The crab could easily be replaced with shrimp or chicken.

Thai Coconut Corn Soup

-8 cups chicken broth
-2 small cans crab meat
-1 can coconut milk
-2 cans cream style corn
-1 bunch scallions, chopped
-8 cloves garlic, minced
-1 inch piece of ginger, minced
-1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
-1 teaspoon chile sauce, such as sriracha
-2 tablespoons fish sauce

Saute garlic, red pepper strips and ginger in large pot over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add broth, scallions, and chile sauce, cook for 5 more minutes. Add crab, corn and fish sauce, cook 5 more minutes. Garnish with fresh lime juice or cilantro if desired, serve and enjoy.

This post is being linked to The Recipe Swap at Grocery Cart Challenge.

Shannon

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Mm, now that soup looks good!

I wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for all your lovely comments over at my blog recently. Also, I thought I had signed up to follow you but now I realize I hadn't. Well I'm correcting that right now!

God bless, friend!

Jana said...

Francisco's new favorite to replace Palak Paneer (modified to be vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth, tofu, and soy sauce) Keep those recipes coming!

Jana said...

Forgot to mention that I threw in a handful of sliced spinach pieces just to make sure he would like it. Guess I didn't need to do that cause he liked it so much, but they were in the fridge.