Saturday, August 22, 2009

spinach artichoke dip casserole



I made this Spinach Artichoke Dip Casserole from Kate's blog, Cooking During Stolen Moments.

This was a great recipe and I will definitely make it again, but with a few changes. For the casserole I omitted the chicken, so the dish would be vegetarian, and I used whole wheat instead of regular pasta to add nutritional value. I also used light sour cream and mayo to reduce the overall fat, and did not put any cheese on top, only the amount for inside the casserole.

Next time I would reduce the amount of horseradish by half (I loved the flavor that it added to the casserole, but found the amount called for quite overpowering as the predominant flavor in the casserole) and maybe up the cayenne a bit to maintain some of the spiciness from the horseradish. I'd also probably add a couple cloves of minced garlic. If I wasn't concerned with the overall fat of the casserole I would also add some shredded mozzarella cheese like I do in my spinach and artichoke dip, to give the casserole that stringy, cheesy, gooey, yummy effect.

shannon

No comments: