Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Fruit and Nut Quinoa Salad


Fruit and Nut Quinoa Salad

This salad is very versatile- you could use almost any fruit or nuts you prefer and have on hand. Serve on its own, over greens or as a side dish to accompany a main entree. You could eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I take a shortcut on cooking my quinoa and cook it in the rice cooker just like I would with rice.

-1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-zest and juice of 1 lime
-1-2 Tbsp sugar or honey
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 Tbsp curry powder
-1 cup dried fruit of choice, chopped (I used dates, cranberries, dried coconut  and apricots)
-1/2 cup nuts of choice (I used sliced almonds)
-3 scallions, sliced
-1/2 bunch chopped cilantro or mint

In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil through curry powder. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.

No comments: