These are the items that I made last weekend when we had our friends Randy and Meggan over, both recipes were delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownie Cups
-1 pkg. (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
-1/3 c. sugar
-1/2 t. vanilla
-1/8 t. salt
-1/2 - 1 c. chocolate chips
-1 c. water
-1/3 c. vegetable oil
-1 T. vinegar
-1 t. vanilla
-1 1/2 c. flour
-1 c. sugar
-1/4 c. baking cocoa
-1 t. baking soda
-1 t. salt
1. Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients and stir in to the liquid. Whisk together until smooth, or mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
3. Grease two muffin tins, or use paper liners, and fill each with a 1/4 c. batter. Put about one tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture in the center of each cup.4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before eating. Store in the refrigerator.
These also freeze really well and can be defrosted in the fridge, or in the microwave for 30 seconds. I also like them warmed by heating in the microwave for 30 seconds prior to enjoying.
-4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
-1 T butter
-1 T finely chopped onion
-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-salt and pepper to taste and milk to desired consistency
-2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed (I used peas, corn, carrots and green beans)
-1 onion, chopped
-1 lb lean ground beef
-2 T flour
-2 T ketchup
-1/4 cup worcheshire sauce
-a pack of brown gravy mix
-1 cup water
-few dashes of paprika
1. Bring a large pot of salter water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Mix in butter, finely chopped onion, cheddar cheese and desired amount of milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat oil or spray in large pan. Add onion and cook until clear. Add ground beef and cook until well browned. Add 2 T of flour and stir to coat. Stir in ketchup, worcheshire, brown gravy mix and water. When sauce starts to thicken stir in veggies. Simmer until thickened.
3. Spread beef and veggie mixture on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.